What is a Pre-Delivery Inspection?
This inspection serves two purposes: an opportunity for us to educate you about your new home to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently, and for us to assess and document any outstanding, incomplete or possibly damaged items in the home.
Your PDI will take place approximately 1 week prior to closing. An Ironstone representative will contact you to confirm the scheduling of your PDI appointment. The inspection takes about 2 hours to complete.
This is your opportunity to become familiar with your new home. You will also receive your Warranty information along with your Tarion enrollment certificate and identify any pre-delivery issues.
- PDI’s are conducted Monday – Friday, during regular business hours. Once we have received all necessary documentation for your firm Agreement of Purchase and Sale, you will be contacted by an Ironstone representative who will provide you with the date and time of your appointment.
- Due to the detailed nature of the PDI, only titled Purchasers’ listed on title may attend the Inspection.
- If you are unable to personally attend the PDI, you can assign a Designate to complete the inspection on your behalf. This form is available upon request from our Ironstone Representative.
- Children are not allowed to attend the PDI due to safety concerns.
- For more information, please visit the TARION WEBSITE and view PDI Checklist.
The Pre-Delivery Inspection Process
What is a PDI sign off - closing?
The ‘Closing and PDI Sign off’ date is provided to you in the Welcome Letter previously received from Ironstone.
At the PDI appointment you inspected your new home with our representative, and listed deficiencies or seasonal items which were not yet completed. That list was then provided to our construction team who worked diligently to complete as many items as possible. Now, at the ‘Closing and PDI Sign Off’ appointment it is time for you to review that list and sign off all items which have been completed. Only the Purchasers’ or their designate may attend this appointment.
There may be items which are not completed prior to your closing date including seasonal items such as sod, driveway, final grading, exterior painting, etc.. If your Occupancy date takes place in the fall or winter months, seasonal items will be scheduled as quickly as possible during the spring/summer months.
Handing Over the Keys
To ensure that your keys are available to you in an easy and convenient manner, a lockbox has been placed on your new home, with your keys inside. Once all documentation is in place for your closing, and we have received notification from our lawyer, you will receive an email from our Ironstone representative advising you of the access code to open the lockbox and obtain your keys. To avoid any delays please ensure that you are completing the necessary paperwork with your lawyer well in advance.